Monday, September 14, 2009

Marmalade Musings

*Dream from the eve of September 10, 2009*


In this particularly vivid dream (not too long after watching 'Coraline' by the way), I had a bit of an Alice in Wonderland moment and stepped through my bedroom door into a nightclub.  It was a bit of a 'Jazzbar' type club, three levels underground and quite cosy.  The weirdest part of the dream (not the fact that I had a club connected to my bedroom, of course) was that everything in the club was orange.  It was called 'Zest' and absolutely everything in the room was a shade of orange.  Coloured lampshades threw a tangerine glare on the faces of the club-goers (who were all Scottish redheads apart from two 'Bugsy Malone' white rabbits sat at the bar, mixing gin and tonics with carrot stick stirrers). There were baskets of orange tic-tacs on pumpkin-patterned tablecloths and big, orange thought bubbles floating above people's heads, popping every now and then and dousing the thinker in a citrusy spray.  Coldplay's 'Yellow' and Simply Red were playing over the soundsystem.

It was almost like being trapped in that Beatle song...

Picture yourself in a boat on a river
With tangerine trees and marmalade skies


What does this all mean??  I don't even like orange...

4 comments:

alanasays said...

orange'nt you glad you woke up from that one!!

oh god.. bad joke.

Can't wait to see you!

xxxx

The Misadventures of Miss Manship said...

Lol! Er....let's just put that joke down to jetlag, shall we? Hehe.....

I know, I can't wait to see you either. So must to talk about!! Hehe!

xxx

Rachel Ann Brickner said...

I love the picture that you included with this post! : )

The Misadventures of Miss Manship said...

Haha, thanks hun! I'm loving your blog, but I wanna read some of your writing too!! :-)