Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Travel Tuesdays with a B-udiful Texan Traveller!


Normally, when I have a guest blogger writing on Travel Tuesdays I like to do a little introduction about the marvellous misadventurous traveller who has offered to share their tales on my blog. However, I think that Bryttany's profile is far more eloquent than anything than I could ever write about her or her lovely blog and so without further delay.... 

To Interlaken We Go ... With a Leap of Faith!
The summer after my junior year in college, I was 21...full of life and adventure! One of my best girl friends and I took a tour of Europe that summer; thus, covering 7 countries and some islands. Oh the stories we have to tell! It was a summer of living, eating different foods, drinking an abundance of vino, laughing, learning, and Bien Sur...some shopping! Anywho, once we had arrived in Switzerland ...next thing we know we were signing up for Canyoning and Skydiving out of a helicopter. Then came the "If you die Voucher, it's not our fault." The what?!?! Wait, who - when?!?! What on earth was I signing up for?
Okay, they ran the credit card and cheered us on...there was no turning back! Good Lord, I knew I couldn't call Mommy & Daddy now and tell them what I had just signed up for! So, the next day we went canyoning. This is a sport (if you call it that) in the canyons of Interlaken, Switzerland. The water is 36F, you are wearing two wetsuits, foot-booties, helmets, harnesses, etc. You are jumping off cliffs, repelling around canyons, and doing back flips down waterfalls. Okay, my adrenaline is going...maybe I can do the skydiving?!?!?



The third morning in Interlaken, was THE morning I was going to take the Eiger Jump (13,026 ft). I couldn't eat or drink due to the fear of yakin' it up as I jumped out of helicopter. Not only was I taking a leap of faith by skydiving, but this was my first trip in a helicopter! Let's just say after fast pitter-patter heart beats, sweaty palms, and chittering jaws, my skydiving instructor literally had to push me off the ledge of the heli as I was a frozen little lady! After 50 seconds of free fall, and then a joyous ride looking out onto the city of Interlaken...I was in heaven! It was worth all the nerves and crazy thoughts...it was the best ride of my life! I highly recommend anyone traveling to Europe, to visit Interlaken. The city is perfectly clean and beautiful, and the adventurous sports are out of this world!



Travel...because there is so much more in the world for one to see, hear, taste, and feel.

"b.free"
Love, Queen B
http://www.thebfreeblog.com/

4 comments:

Amanda Wissmann said...

Ohhhhh I want to go skydiving SO BAD! Great post!

Claudine said...

Wow, that sounds like so much fun! I've always dreamed of going to Europe!

kate wiseman said...

hey miss manship,
i've got a ridiculous story for you for travel tuesdays. let me know if you're interested!
email or check out my blog at www.transatlanticsketches.com.
hearts,
kate
kwise321@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

your pictures are adorable