Saturday, December 19, 2009

Dear Santa...



Dear Santa,

I have been exceptionally good this year.  There may have been one or two unavoidable mishaps, particularly in the Edinburgh part of the year.  Granted, I probably shouldn't have thrown my shoe at Jackson when he called me awful names at work.  And I probably shouldn't have hit Evil Bob over the head with my handbag for teasing me about my red hair *I did receive payback for that one, by the way so I don't think that it should count, Santa.  I broke my drivers license in the process and had to carry my passport around with me for six months until I returned home to Perth*.  All in all though, I have been very, very good.  Here is a little list of things that would make my christmas:

1.  A plane ticket to somewhere exotic.  Anywhere will do really.  Somewhere tropical, like Fiji or the Maldives.  Or a European winter wonderland, maybe Switzerland or Russia.  I can't bear to be cooped up in one place for too long so pretty please Santa! With sugar and whipped cream on top!

2. A 'Wicked' dayplanner.  2008 and 2009 were a flurry of new experiences for me, from moving to Scotland, camping in Alpine climates and learning to didgeridoo (not very well, I might add).  I intend to make 2010 even better.  Plus, I am a social butterfly and with all of the parties, dates and events I have planned for the new year, I absolutely must have a day planner! Besides, I'm obsessed with stripey socks and who wears them better than the Wicked Witch? ;-)


3. A Nigella Lawson cookbook.  A domestic goddess, I am not.  Even after a year of living on my own, the best meal that I can come up with if I absolutely must cook is sausage and mash.  I despise cooking and I'm definitely not very good at it so if there is one person in the world who can inspire me to broaden my culinary horizons, it is Miss Lawson.  But be warned: I may begin using adjectives for my food like luscious, succulent and 'scrummy yummy'.

4.  Jonathan Rhys Meyers.  If you could possible arrange for him to be underneath my tree on Christmas morning or even just get him to deliver my presants, I would be very, very much obliged.  It's not that I don't love you, Santa.  I'm just a fool for an Irish accent ;-)

5. At the risk of sounding like a Miss Universe candidate, I really would like world peace for Christmas, Santa.  I realise that you probably can't manage this in one Christmas Eve but even if you were able to relieve just one person's suffering this Christmas, that would be very nice.  I feel mighty selfish sometimes enjoying all the merriments of the season when there are people in the world who are suffering and alone at Christmas. 
Lots of love and gingerbread kisses,
Rach xxx

P.S. If you happen to receive a letter from a Miss J. Kurowski from Philadelpia, I promise that there were no signs saying I couldn't climb that tree!

2 comments:

The Misadventures of Miss Manship said...

My, my, Rachel, your list has shortened tremendously in the last 10 years! I have on video, your Aunty Lisa reading out all 250 items that graced your Christmas list! Now, I think that you thought you were extremely good for that year and could ask quite confidently for 250 items. This year however, it makes me very sus that your list is so short??? What does Santa know, that I don't ????

The Misadventures of Miss Manship said...

Erm, I have no clue what you're talking about...who would make a Christmas list with 250 things on it? That's crazy!! *ahem*
Thanks for that, mom ;-)